“When you get to a certain age, you need to ask yourself what you want out of life. You can achieve whatever it is you want to achieve.” – Bonang Matheba
Bonang “Queen B” Matheba is a media personality, television and radio presenter, and a successful businesswoman in South Africa. She started building her great career from the age of 15.
Her Big Break: Bonang Matheba Earned Her First Big Presenting Role In 2007 At The Age Of 20.
Before this role came along, Bonang had been rejected by several shows. To make things worse, she had to audition 5 times for her first big presenting role before she got it.
Despite being rejected several times, Bonang kept trying and refused to take ‘no’ as a final answer. In celebration of her resilience and persistence, here are some of her most brilliant quotes.
Bonang Matheba Quotes On Success And Work Ethic
- “Success comes from consistency, authenticity, and being yourself.”
- “Focus on yourself, your dreams, your goals, and your ambitions.”
- “Every job is important. Every paycheque is important.”
- “You need time, planning, consistency, and focus.”
- “If you are honest, thorough, and professional, people will listen to you.”
Bonang Matheba Quotes On Self-Improvement And Hard Work
- “To be good, you need to learn from the best.”
- “You have to want to do better than yesterday.”
- “Find something that forces you to be a better version of yourself.”
- “Find ways to grow and stay relevant.”
- “The only way to get good things in life is to work very hard.”
Bonang Matheba Quotes On Self-Awareness And Handling Negativity.
- “Sometimes, people mistake quietness for stupidity.”
- “Find your centre, ignore the noise and do your own thing.”
- “Return hate with love. Kill them with kindness and bury them with success.”
- “Don’t leave loose ends. Finish what you start.”
- “It’s important to know what you’re good at, and what you’re not good at.”
Bonang Matheba Quotes On Starting And Taking Chances
- “What you want to achieve, start with you.”
- “Do what you can with the little that you have.”
- “Dream big, write it down and work towards your dream every day.”
- “Shoot your shot. Take a chance. “
- “If you don’t try, you’ll never know.”
Bonang Matheba Quotes On Responsibility
- “No one owes you anything.”
- “Your success is your own personal responsibility.”
- “Your parents don’t have to help you.”
- “Waiting for somebody to come help you is dangerous.”
- “Remove delusions of grandeur and stop being self-entitled. Do some actual work.”
Bonang Matheba Quotes On Women, Marriage And Men“Men are threatened by a lot of things.”
“A man’s ego is the tiniest thing in the world.”
“A marriage is about sacrifice, selflessness and consideration for your partner and children.”
“Building a family means that you can’t always do what you want to do.”The world is ready for women and their stories. The world is ready to hear what women have to say.
Bonang Matheba’s Positive Affirmations
- “I celebrate myself.”
- “I am a peaceful person.”
- “I am very strong.”
- “I know what I want and I am firm.”
- “I am a woman who knows herself.”